Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Avoidance Cooking

Sunday was a busy day in the kitchen. I found several things to use up and put together in order to avoid what I really needed to get done: my business class homework which required me to deal with cash flow projections. Oh yeah, procrastination was essential.

The list of delectables is as follows:
  • fresh salsa made from tomatoes from Jacky's garden, onions and green bell peppers (so I didn't have jalepenos, but bell peppers served nicely in a pinch)
  • Foodfresh guacamole made from the last remaining avocados mixed with the fresh salsa from above
  • Foodroasted root vegetables: onions, potatoes, yams, and garlic mixed with garlic pepper/salt and Tony Chechero's Creole Seasoning for a spicy touch.
  • I fixed up a green salad for later in the evening in which I topped it with the leftover ground turkey taco meat to make taco salad.
  • I baked up some homemade tortilla chips using some of the corn tortillas leftover from the turkey tacos.
  • FoodI made up a little fruit salad using Gopher Glen apples, black grapes, walnuts, coconut and Trader Joe's French Village plain cream line yogurt. Yummy!
  • FoodCocoa rice crispy treats, too,

During all this madness I had two more business ideas pop into my head. Of course they both had something to do with food and cooking.

My dream is to spend time in a local taqueria to watch and learn how true California Mexican food is created so I can have a closer understanding to the flavors. Also it has something to do with one of my business ideas which I won't reveal because it's too exciting to give away to just anybody.

3 comments:

CanCan said...

Hey! I have a blogspot blog too now. New and improved! Come visit.

H said...

Yum. I love homemade salsa. I will make that and just use it as a "salad dressing" on spinach. I find myself wanting to cook, or vacuum when papers need to be written.

Ellie Garratt said...

Did you get my letter?