Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spinach Lasagna

I made my 2nd spinach lasagna and it came out great again! I used fresh spinach that I steamed using the boiling water from the lasagna noodles. I bought ricotta cheese (the 2nd time it was fat free) and mozzarella cheese, which I grated myself. I used a bottled pasta bake sauce that had some cheese in the mix. I think that's what made it so tasty.

I love lasagna when it's so tasty and not dry. Even more so when it is meatless. And the spinach was so yummy being that it was fresh and not frozen. This will be made again and again. Who knew lasagna was so easy.

I would really like to try this sausage lasagna that I saw made on an old run of Martha Stewart's tv show. It was piled and stuffed full of 3 kinds of sausage and lots of cheese using sheets of lasagna instead of just the noodles. Wow! That would be a feat!

No comments: