Sunday, September 9, 2007

BBQ Beef and Roasted Potatoes

I found some beef in the freezer and a honey BBQ sauce mix while I was rumaging through the pantry cupboards the other day. This inspired me to make a crock pot meal since I was busy cleaning during the day and crock pot meals are self-cooking.

So I popped in the frozen beef, added the BBQ sauce with a little honey, then turned on the crock pot. I put it on low, but it should have been on the Auto Shift because as I found out later, the Auto Shift starts at high for a couple of hours then goes down to low. I ended up turning it to high later, so it was a little backwards.

Once the beef was nearing completion I gathered some red potatoes, a couple of yams and a red onion hanging around the house. I really wanted some cloves of garlic but none was found. All was chopped up in big chunks and cubes then splashed with olive oil and garlic pepper and salt. I popped that in the oven in a Pyrex baking dish at about 375 F. They cooked for about 45 minutes to an hour.

The beef was so tender that you didn't even need a knife to cut it because it just fell apart so easily. The potatoes were perfectly roasted. Yummy!

No comments: